Research shows that stronger links between you and your child’s school improves their enjoyment and chances of doing well. The more you know about what your child is learning, the more support you can offer them.
We involve you in your child’s education through:
- Providing you with a clear Family Handbook to help you support your child through their journey at JQA
- Letters to Parents/Carers – to update you on upcoming news or changes.
- Parent/Carer Surveys – online and written surveys are used to gain parents’ views on the school and on specific projects.
- Parents’ Evenings – which are held on a regular basis for you to formally consult with teaching staff about your child’s progress and targets for improvement.
- Information Evenings – held throughout the year to discuss any education changes that may affect your child or at key points such as GCSE Options choices.
- Induction Days and Evenings – which also allow you to meet staff and visit our Academy.
Information evenings are also held for different year groups. These evenings may cover:
- Year 9 GCSE Option choices.
- Exams and revision.
- Important information and documents.
We will keep you informed about all upcoming events, which you can also find on our Events page.
We also have a clear ‘Who To Contact’ list of key staff pastorally. This can be found by clicking the link and provides direct access to staff email.
We advise all parents to follow us on social media such as Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
If you would like to volunteer more time with us, you could become a Parent Governor. The Academy’s governing body includes a number of Parent Governors who are there to represent parents, and to have a say in the strategic decision-making of the Academy.
OFSTED FEEDBACK FROM PARENTS
You can provide feedback directly to the school via the Contact Us page or via our termly Parent Surveys which are emailed to all parents.
We invite all parents and carers to attend our termly Parent Symposia via Teams.
We also invite parents and carers to provide feedback to Ofsted about the school. In order to provide Ofsted with your feedback, please register through the Parent View portal using the link below.