The process of applying for Free School Meals at the Academy is straightforward, and may be completed online, or by visiting the school office.
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
- Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
Your child may also get free school meals if you receive any of these benefits and your child is both:
- Younger than the compulsory age for starting school
- In full-time education
NB: Working Tax Credits do not qualify you for Free School Meals unless granted to cover the four-week period immediately after employment ceases, or if the hours worked are less than 16 hours per week.
Free School Meals are available at the Academy to parents/carers who successfully complete an application online (link below) or via the school office. Please come into Reception and we will help you to do this or email [email protected]